(Hereinafter referred to as "the Club")
(1) To promote good fellowship and companionship among Veteran Golfers.
(2) To promote and hold, either alone or jointly with any other club or body, competitions or matches for the playing of golf.
(3) To offer, give or contribute to trophies or awards for competitions or matches of Golf or any other organised Club event.
(4) To promote, give or support dinners or other entertainment.
(5) Subject to the Associations Incorporations Reform Act 2012 (the Act) to do all things conducive to the attainment of the above Objectives.
(6) The assets and income of the organisation shall be applied solely in advancement of the above Objectives.
(1) The Rules of the game of golf as adopted from time to time by Golf Australia shall apply to all games played under the control of the Club.
(2) Failure to observe any such Rules will render the offending player liable to disqualification from the competition or match.
(1) The Club is open to persons who at the time of applying are 55 years of age or over.
(1) The total number of Members who pay an Annual Subscription shall not exceed 140.
(2) When vacancies occur, the Secretary shall advise the Committee of the number of new members who may be admitted.
(3) The names to be taken from the Waiting List in order as referred to below.
(1) Every candidate for membership of the Club shall comply with the requirements of Membership, subject to Section No. 4. The candidate shall be proposed by a current Member of the Club.
(2) Every Nomination for Membership shall be made in writing on the 'Membership Application' form as approved by the Committee and shall be signed by the Nominee and the Proposer.
(3) 'Membership Application' form to be given to the Secretary for inclusion on a Waiting List, if a Waiting List is required, and filed in order of date of receipt of such form.
(4) Each Candidate for Membership of the Club who has been informed of their admission as a new member shall, within THIRTY (30) DAYS from the date of their admission pay to the Secretary or Treasurer the Annual Subscription (Section 16) of such amounts as are current at that time.
(5) Should these fees not be forthcoming before the expiration of such time mentioned above it will be taken that Membership of the Club is not desired and the name of the person concerned will be deleted from the Waiting List
(1) Any member of the Club who has rendered valuable service for the benefit of the Club and/or has achieved the criteria scoring system of 60 points, may on the recommendation of the Committee to any Annual General Meeting be elected a Life Member without the payment of any further annual subscription.
(2) The approved points system awarded per annum served is as follows:
(a) Ordinary member 1 point
(b) Committee member 2 points
(c) Vice-President 4 points
(d) Vice-Captain 4 points
(e) President 7 points
(f) Treasurer 7 points
(g) Marketing 7 points
(h) Handicapper 7 points
(i) Webmaster 7 points
(j) Captain 9 points
(k) Secretary 9 points
(1) A dispute can be between a member and another member, a member and the Committee, a member and the Victorian Veteran Golfers Association.
(2) The parties must attempt to resolve the dispute between themselves within 14 days of the dispute coming to the attention of both parties.
(3) If the parties cannot resolve the dispute between themselves within the time required the parties must within 10 days:
(a) Notify the Committee of the dispute and agree to or request the appointment of a mediator and attempt in good faith to settle the dispute by mediation.
(b) In the absence of agreement a person from the Committee will be appointed who has no personal interest in the dispute or is biased in favour or against any party.
(c) If the dispute is between a member and the Committee or the Association refer the matter to the Dispute Settlement Centre of Victoria.
(1) Every Member of the Club undertakes to comply with the Constitution and/ or By-Laws of the Club and any refusal or neglect to do so shall render such Member liable to expulsion from the Club.
(2) The Committee shall have power to censure, suspend or expel any Member for any conduct which conduct, which is, in its opinion, unbecoming of a member, or is detrimental to the reputation of the Club.
(3) Any Member so suspended or expelled from the Club shall have the right to appeal to a Special General Meeting of the Club called in the terms set out herein under the heading of 'Special General Meetings'.
(1) The Officers of the Club shall consist of a President, Vice-President, Captain, Vice-Captain, Secretary, Treasurer, Marketing Manager, Webmaster and Handicapper, all of whom shall have been members of the Club during the immediately preceding financial year.
(2) Such Officers shall constitute the Committee of Management (hereinafter referred to as the Committee), which shall be entrusted with the management and the conduct of the business and affairs of the Club and shall exercise its powers in the manner herein after prescribed.
(1) The election of the Officers of the Club shall take place at the Annual General Meeting.
(2) All Officers including any one elected in accordance with the provisions of Section 11 shall retire at the next Annual General Meeting and shall be eligible for re-election.
(3) Any Casual Vacancy arising on the Committee shall be filled by another Member of the Club appointed by the Committee to act for the remainder of that Financial Year.
(1) The duties of the President shall be:
(a) The President shall be Chairman of the Committee and shall act as Chairman at all General and Committee Meetings of the Club.
(b) In his absence the Vice-President shall act as Chairman both of the Committee and the General Meetings.
(c) In the absence of both the President and Vice-President a member of Committee shall be appointed to act as Chairman.
(1) The duties of the Secretary to be:
(a) Act as the Executive Officer of the Committee and shall:
(b) If possible attend all meetings of the Committee and of General and Special Meetings of the Club.
(c) Record & distribute the Minutes of all Meetings and file on Club Website
(d) Conduct all correspondence in connection with the general business of Club.
(e) Prepare for submission to the Annual General Meeting of the Club the report of the Committee on the activities of the Club during the year.
(f) Forward copy of AGM Minutes with Financial Statement to Consumer Affairs Victoria (CAV) in the required time limit set by CAV.
(g) Keep a Register of the Club Members setting forth:
(h) The name and full contact details of each Member;
(i) The year of the latest payment of his subscription.
(j) As from the date of the adoption of this Constitution, keep a record of all changes or amendments to it, which shall have been approved at a General Meeting of the Club.
(k) Keep a record of all By-Laws, made by the Committee under the terms of the Constitution, and of all cancellations, repeals or amendments that may be made to such By-Laws.
(l) In any other respect carry out those duties usually associated with the Office of Secretary.
(1) The duties of the Captain shall be:
To manage all aspects of Club golf.
(1) The duties of the Treasurer shall be:
(a) To receive all monies belonging to the funds of the Club and where necessary issue cash receipt for same. Such monies shall, within a reasonable time, be deposited with the Club's Bankers.
(b) To pay all accounts of the Club.
(c) To keep correct accounts of all monies received or expended.
(d) To prepare and submit a financial statement at each Annual General Meeting.
(e) To produce when requested by the Committee a statement of the cash transactions and of the financial position of the Club, including the bank balance.
(f) To retain financial records for 7 years from date of the transaction in accordance with the Act.
(1) The duties of the Handicapper shall be:
(a) Responsible for the handicapping of all Club Members in relation to their golfing ability.
(b)In the absence of the Handicapper other Member of the Club appointed by the Committee, shall collect the scorecards at the completion of each golf day and then determine the winners of the trophies for the day.
(c) The results are to be in accordance with the Golf Australia rules.
(d) Advise the names of such winners and their scores to the Captain as soon as possible.
(e) Maintain a register of all the players' scores at Club Golf days throughout the year and then determine the winners of the various Annual Trophies for notification to the President.
(1) The Office bearers who constitute the Committee shall be as follows:
(h) Marketing Manager
(2) The Committee shall meet as and when necessary for the determination of matters relative to the effective functioning of the Club.
(3) A Special Meeting of the Committee may be convened by the President or the Secretary or when requested in writing by 4 Members of the Committee.
(4) The Secretary shall give at least seven days notice of any Special Committee Meeting to all Members of the Committee.
(1) The banking account of the Club shall be kept with such Bank as shall from time to time be appointed by the Committee.
(2) All cheques drawn on the account shall be signed by two of the following Officers: The President, the Vice-President, the Secretary and the Treasurer.
(1) The Members of the Committee are indemnified by the Act against all liability properly incurred by them in the performance of their duties.
(1) The Financial Year shall commence on January 1stand end on December 31stinclusive each year.
(1) The amount is to be determined at the Annual General Meeting for the current Financial Year.
(2) All annual subscriptions (except the first subscription of a new Member) are payable in advance and shall be due and payable after the amount of same has been determined at the Annual General Meeting.
(3) Fees can be paid in cash, by cheque or directly into Club bank account.
(4) The Treasurer shall give notice to each Member when their next subscription is due.
(1) If any Member fails to pay his Annual Subscription within four (4) months of the beginning of the Financial Year, he shall cease to be a Member of the Club, butshould a sufficient explanation be made, the Committee shall have the power to restore his name to the Register of Members upon payment of the amount due.
(2) Treasurer to inform Committee of any pending forfeiture of membership.
(1) Any Member wishing to resign from the Club shall give seven (7) days notice in writing to the Secretary and shall pay any moneys due by him at the time of such notice.
(1) The annual general meeting of the club shall be held not later than end of 1stquarter of each calendar year.
(2) Notice of the meeting being made by mail, email or link to notice on website, shall be given to all Members of the time, date and place appointed by the Committee for such meeting and such notice shall set out the purpose and agenda of the meeting.
(3) Annual reports to include reports from the President, Captain and Treasurer's Financial Report.
(4) Use of Technology
(a) A member(s) not physically at a meeting may participate by the use of technology that allows that member and all members present to clearly and simultaneously communicate with each other.
(b) That person(s) may vote as if they were present at the meeting.
(1) A Special General Meeting shall be convened by the President or the Secretary upon receiving a request in writing requesting the same from not less than FOUR (4) Members of the Committee or from not less than TEN (10) Members of the Club whose subscriptions are not in arrears.
(2) Following a valid request for a Special General meeting, the Secretary shall advise the Committee of the request and issue notice of the Special General Meeting to members, such meeting to be held at the next scheduled Club Event not closer than 14 days from the receipt of the request.
(3) No other matters shall be discussed at that Meeting except those stated in such requisition.
(1) At any Annual or Special General Meeting 40% of members are required to form a Quorum.
(2) At a Committee Meeting, attendance by FOUR MEMBERS shall form a Quorum.
(a) Only persons who were Members of the Club during the immediately preceding Financial Year and are present at the Meeting shall be entitled to vote.
(a) Only Members of the Club for the year in which the Meeting is held and who are present at the Meeting shall be entitled to vote.
(1) At any General or Special Meeting:
(a) Each member attending shall be entitled to one (1) vote only, except in the case of an equal number of votes for and against, the CHAIRMAN shall be entitled to a casting vote.
(b) Voting shall be by show of hands unless a ballot is demanded by at least one third of the total number of Members present.
(1) Two Committee Members of the Club shall review the Annual Financial Report of the Club prepared by the Treasurer to ensure it is a true and fair report.
(2) Using 'Form 1 - Regulation 15 Schedule 1' of the Act the 2 members 'certify' the Financial Report. The Financial Report and Certificate shall be submitted to the Members of the Club at the Annual General Meeting.
(3) Secretary to lodge the Financial Report with the Consumer Affairs Victoria (CAV) each year as per the CAV requirements.
(1) An Honorarium may be granted for services rendered by any Member of the Committee of the Club.
(2) Such amount to be decided by the Members at the Annual General Meeting and to be additional to the reimbursement of any incidental expenses incurred by the recipient in the carrying out of his allotted duties.
(1) The Committee shall have power to make By-Laws for the proper conduct and management of the Club and, if considered necessary, from time to time repeal, alter or amend any current By-Law.
(1) In the event of the organisation being wound up, the amount that remains after such dissolution and the satisfaction of all debts and liabilities shall be transferred to another organisation with similar purposes which is not carried on for the profit or gain of its individual members.
(2) Transferring of surplus assets to another body must be decided by special resolution.
(1) Members can request to view, subject to the Privacy Act:
(a) Register of members
(b) Minutes of AGM, Special Meetings, Match Results, Newsletters
(c) Financial records
(2) No access under Privacy Act to: Confidential, personal, commercial or legal matters.
(1) The Constitution may only be changed or amended by a majority of TWO-THIRDS of the number of those Members present at the Annual General Meeting or at a Special General Meeting, which has been called in the manner set out herein to discuss such change or amendment.